Simplification is Our Innovation
Screw-on miniature connector, operating at low frequency DC-5 MHz
RTX connectors are designed to be used with digital data bus defined by MIL-STD-1553 B standard, in digital avionic equipment.
RTX interface complies to AECMA EN3716 standard.
|Document ||Download |
| RTX Catalog || |
Dedicated to military applications such as missiles, tanks and helicopters, RTX connectors are designed to be used with digital data bus defined by MIL-STD-1553 B, which is commonly considered as a worldwide standard regarding digital avionic equipment. Conforming to AECMA EN3716 standard, RTX connectors offer:
- Space and weight savings through the implementation of local networks.
- User friendly and time saving features during the installation.
- Several configurations according to your needs due to the possibility to mix and match plugs and receptacles with either male or female contacts.
RTX series is available in plug, receptacle and termination versions. RTX plugs and receptacles are crimped and designed to be wired with twisted pair single braid and twisted pair double braid cables. As for RTX terminations, they are used to simulate a bus user or as end of line load.
The suitability of RTX twinax connectors with digital data bus combined with the use of twinax contacts for installation into multipin connectors (EPX, NSX, DSX, MPX…) allows connecting several digital avionic equipment together.
- Frequency range: 5 MHz max
- Insulation resistance: at 25°C (77°F) ≥ 5000 MΩ ; at 150°C (302°F) ≥ 1000 MΩ
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: at sea level: 900 Vac RMS – 50 Hz ; at 70000 feet: 200 Vac RMS – 50 Hz
- Contact resistance: center and intermediate contacts ≤35 mΩ ; outer body ≤8 mΩ
- Shock: 100g – 6 ms
- Vibration: AECMA EN2591 test D3 – method B
- Mating & unmating: 500 cycles
- Contact retention: > 45 N
- Locking torque (C)
- Mating : 1 ≤ C ≤ 1.25 N.m (8.85 ≤ C ≤ 11 Lb.inch)
- Unmating: C ≤ 1.35 N.m (11.95 Lb.inch)
- Temperature range: -65°C (-149°F) to +150°C (+302°F)
- Temperature life: 1000 hours at 150°C (+302°F)
- Salt spray: 96 hours
- Altitude immersion: 47 kPa (.68 psi)
- Air leakage: 0.5 cm3 /s
- Sand and dust: 1 cycle – wind speed 3.5±0.5m/s
- Humidity: 28 days