Simplification is Our Innovation
DSX - Arinc 404 - SAE-AS81659
Used on most major civil and military programs, Radiall’s DSX series is a proven solution to electrically connect equipment rack to avionics equipment. This historical series exists in several versions:
- DSX SAE AS81659 is available in four shell sizes and in environmental or non-environmental versions. With an EMI/RFI option available to improve shielded effectiveness, DSX SAE AS81659 connectors cover both civil and military applications.
- DSX Arinc 404 shell type A and B is the original connector, mainly dedicated today to commercial applications.
In order to answer equipment manufacturers’ specific needs, Radiall also developed a solution for front release front removable (FR/FR) contacts to facilitate installation and maintenance: DSX-F and DSX-K receptacles. Fully intermateable with ARINC 404 type B and SAE AS81659 plugs, they offer the same characteristics as SAE AS81659 connectors.
With numerous configurations and a wide variety of contacts and accessories, the DSX series offers a robust and high performance solution for both OEMs and aircraft manufacturers.
|Document ||Download |
| DSX Series (SAE AS81659 - ARINC 404) Catalog || |
Materials and Finishes:
- Shell: Aluminum alloy (cadmium yellow chromate or Nickel plating)
- Inserts: Thermosetting or high-grade thermoplastic
- Metallic Inserts: Aluminum alloy (cadmium clear chromate or nickel plating)
- O-ring and grommet: Silicone rubber
- Contacts: Copper alloy (gold over nickel plating)
- Retention clip: Copper alloy
- Insert retention plate: Aluminum alloy (gold or blue anodized, or nickel plating)
- Polarization posts: Stainless steel
- Polarization keys: Zinc alloy (cadmium yellow chromate or nickel plating)
- Polarization retention plate: Aluminum alloy (cadmium yellow chromate or nickel plating)
- Screws, washers and clinch-nuts: Corrosion resistant steel
- Durability: 500 mating and unmating cycles
- Random Vibrations: According to EIA 364-28 (MIL-STD-1344A method 2005 test condition IV) - 20g - 10 to 2000Hz
- Shock: According to EIA 364-27 (MIL-STD-1344 method 2004.1 test condition A) - 50g
11 ms half sine, 3 impacts per direction
- Mating force: <200N (45lbs) per insert
- Temperature range: -65°C / +125°C
- Temperature life: 1000 hours at 125°C (+257°F)
- Salt Spray: According to EIA 364-26 (MIL-STD-1344 metod 1001.1 test conditions B) - 48 hours
- Altitude moisture injection: Insulation resistance > 100 MΩ altitude 50 000 feet
- Sealing: environment resistant to running water (environmental version only)
- Fluid resistance: resistance to 20 hours immersion in fluids per MIL PRF5606 & MIL PRF236999
- Insulation resistance: > 5000MΩ