Air, Land or Sea: Radiall Defense Has the Toughest Connectors
Military technology needs to be applied on a variety of battlefields with different environmental requirements while maintaining performance. Radiall has ultra-rugged connectors specialized for every mission.
Air: R9 Series Hermetic 38999 Fiber Optic Connector
Designed for pressure transitions in aircraft, the R9 Series creates a reliable hermetic seal over fiber optic lines that is unmatched in simple circular connectors.
- Designed on MIL-DTL 38999 connector parameters
- Optimized alignment of fiber optic contacts
- Designed and qualified for PC, UPC and APC terminations
- Resistant to moisture ingress and operates at high altitudes, under extreme atmospheric pressure and in fast changing conditions
- Available in pigtail solution to mate with all MIL-DTL-38999 type connector sizes 11, 13, 15 and 21
- Bulkhead feed through adapter available
Land: GM Modular
Also originally designed for external connections on high-speed trains, GM Series connectors are very durable in even the most abusive environments.
- Rubber coated coupling nut for grip and protection
- IP67 waterproof
- +260⁰F to -70⁰F temperature range
- Conductive and non-conductive outer shells
- Up to 1,000 hour salt spray resistance (corrosion)
- Audible, visible and tactile mating lock
- GM Connectors are a modular design, enabling mix and match connections for many different applications. Each module is pneumatically sealed in connector.
- Options for 1, 4 and 7 modules per connector
- Coax up to RG217
- Twinax / Quintax
- LAN cable CAT5-6-7
- 2 or 4 expanded beam optical fibers
- Up to 3 optical LCD contacts
- Size 14 contacts up to 7.5A
- Size 7 contacts up to 13A
- Size 3 contacts up to 23A
- 1 single contact (1 module) up to 200A
Derived from high speed rail connectors The next evolution from 5015, 348 and 38999 connectors from Radiall allows more types of connectors and is far more durable than existing/legacy circular connectors.
- Meets or exceeds all MIL-DTL-5015 requirements
- IP68 waterproof (submerged in 10 meters of water for 12 hours)
- Flame retardant meets or exceeds NF F 16-101/16-102
- Designed to sustain axial pressure and shock, not just vibration
- Dust proof; resistant to atmospheric aging as well as oil, fuel and hydro
- Larger rubberized surface for better torque on locking collar
- +260⁰F to -40⁰F temperature range
- Up to 2,000 hour salt spray resistance (corrosion)
- EMI shielded shell, shielding and protection accessories, including hoses retained by the connector
- Stainless steel shell available
- Up to cat. 7A (Gigabit) Ethernet data transmission
- Power up to 200A
- Coax cable of many types up to RG217
- Optical connections with Expanded Beam system or optical SC contacts
Don’t stress about finding the right connections for your mission. Let the experts at Radiall help you design interconnects specific to your application. Contact us today.